Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

\By The Power Of Truth, I, While Living, Have Conquered The Universe/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toolbox for windows

Go down 
+2
raven
Martz
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

Toolbox for windows Empty
PostSubject: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010 - 15:26

Post here softwares you think useful :

Hamachi : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) shareware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration (in most cases); in other words, it establishes a connection over the Internet that emulates the connection that would exist if the computers were connected over a local area network. (Source : Wikipedia)

AIDA 32 : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AIDA32 is a professional system information, diagnostics and benchmarking program running on Win32 platforms.

Mumble, Xfire

Antivirus : Spybot, a-squared, antivir, avast.

Daemon tools
Daemon Tools is a disk image emulator and optical disc authoring program for Microsoft Windows. (Source : Wikipedia)
Back to top Go down
raven
Administrator
Administrator
raven

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010 - 1:47

Another of Martz's great ideas Surprised

Simpo PDF to Word: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-> impo PDF to Word is designed to convert read-only PDF to editable Word files, even the encrypted PDF could be converted easily. It could convert PDF to Word with high quality, preserves graphs, tables and text layouts even curve, rectangle and hyperlinks. What's more, it is a standalone PDF converter, so, you don't need to install extra Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat or Reader.

Shutdown Timer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-> You can program a Shutdown, Restart, Logoff, Lock, Hibernate and Standby.

Screenhunter
: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-> Capture any part of your desktop, a window or full screen with mouse pointer

Ccleaner: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-> CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeThu 20 Jan 2011 - 4:00

Ah, I've been meaning to write here, this is a very useful thread! Here are a couple of software I find practical:

Kaspersky - I'm using Kasp 2009 atm and it's not a heavy antivirus, runs pretty smoothly and I haven't had any problems with virus ever since I started using it.

MalwareBytes Anti Malware - Free and pretty good software that removes unwanted programs (including programs that you don't even know you had on your computer) + some types of viruses and spywares

Acronis True Image - This is a VERY useful software for making backups. It allows you to make a clone of your whole hard disk, so that if you have a problem, you can just format your pc, and put the clone running and it will be in perfect conditions. It saved my ass a couple of times before ^^

Recuva - If you accidentaly deleted something, this is what you need to get the files back. I've managed to recover whole folders that I accidentally deleted Wink

SnagIt - A very nice software that allows you to make screencaptures, but it does much more than that. You can set timming for the captures, it has multiple types of in build settings that can be helpful if you want to capture something on your screen and it has a very quick editor so you can edit the image as soon as it's captured.

Mini Lyrics - Hands down one of my favorite little softwares. This is a program, that attaches itself to your media player (wmp, winamp or any other music player you have) and it automatically downloads the lyrics from the song you're listening and displays it on screen. Very cool!

Team Viewer - This is a very useful program in case you ever have a friend that needs your help with the computer and you cannot go there personally. This program allows you to connect with your friend, and take control of his desktop. Solved many things using this program, helping my sister and my lady ^^

Object Dock - This is more of a graphical program that helps you have a neat, stylish menu with icons on your desktop. It doesn't eat a lot of memory and it's very cool Wink
Back to top Go down
Angel
Newfag
Newfag

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011 - 16:18

hahaha... yes.. team viewer... really like that one... and i admit i got lost many times with some programs... why computers cant be just a simple thing Embarassed

and yes, most of the software i have, it is definitely courtesy of my hubby Razz so definitely without his help on this matter, i could have thrown my laptop to the wall crying (and i dont really want to do that now).
Back to top Go down
raven
Administrator
Administrator
raven

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011 - 16:48

maybe later?! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011 - 10:46

Hey, really nice softwares guys.

raven wrote:
Shutdown Timer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
-> You can program a Shutdown, Restart, Logoff, Lock, Hibernate and Standby.

Gonna dl it right now Very Happy
])evil wrote:
Recuva - If you accidentaly deleted something, this is what you need to get the files back. I've managed to recover whole folders that I accidentally deleted Wink

Mini Lyrics - Hands down one of my favorite little softwares. This is a program, that attaches itself to your media player (wmp, winamp or any other music player you have) and it automatically downloads the lyrics from the song you're listening and displays it on screen. Very cool!

Those are great too study
Back to top Go down
Angel
Newfag
Newfag

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011 - 13:03

very funny raven... very funny Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
raven
Administrator
Administrator
raven

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 16:56

Well, this isn't software exactly, but it has been pretty useful for me, so I'm gonna share it with u guys since I'm so nice. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

- These two, can convert anything from youtube to mp3.

- This one can, as the name indicates, cutmp3. For example, you've a song that has some dude in the beginning or in the end saying WEST SIDE FO' REAL, you can cut his fucking voice, has been pretty useful with some songs for me. Sadly, I don't believe it can cut in any part of the song.

Anyway, I hope it can help any of u Wink
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 21:14

raven wrote:
since I'm so nice. Smile
The fuck?! stop hugging yourself please, we have company here. Razz

But seriously, thanks for your links. Very helpful for me, especially right now Wink
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:32

Although this is just an add-on for firefox, I thought it might help you guys like it helped me.
Did it ever happen to you that you're searching for something on the net, maybe info, maybe something to download and you get to some website or forum and you cannot view the info cause you're not registered?

Yup, I know, it sucks right?
Fortunately, there's a solution for most of those websites or forums, and it comes in the form of an add-on for Firefox users, called BugMeNot.

This handy add-on has a growing database of logins for several websites which you can use at your own disposal. Just install the add-on, go to one of these forums/websites, right click on the login form and select "Login with BugMeNot". If there's an account made in the ButMeNot database, then you'll be logged in Wink

Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:47

Can be interesting, but I hope it doesn't work on our forum Razz

freaking cheater Toolbox for windows 47580
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011 - 15:40

Toolbox for windows 364161

Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011 - 16:28

Ah nice one xD
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011 - 19:23

Very useful little software for studies/work but not only.
You can create several categories in your organizer (personal stuff, meetings, etc) which I find very useful.
Easy to use, well-made and simple, I believe it has all the necessary things you might want to expect from a calendar.
Also, the overview of the month for example is very much appreciated (to be aware when you will be in deep shit or things like that xD).
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012 - 21:31

Maybe not a software, but still worth posting IMO.
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012 - 23:26

Well, lets see...

I never found myself to be so busy that I would forget what I have to do and needed a calendar or agenda to remind me. I guess it would help put things in perspective though and know where and how much you spend doing what. But living my life by a schedule isn't really my thing, even if I'm the one making the schedule for now, I don't think I would respect it. Perhaps later on it will come to use, so ty for the share.

I liked the Prezi presentation. Looks like something I would use if I'd want to make an unique and stylish presentation.

Foxit Reader:

- An alternative to the usual Adobe Reader. This little software is free and does everything you need it to do. If you like reading books or magazines on your computer/phone then I recommend this over Adobe Reader, since it's lighter, free, and this is is just imo - better looking. xD

BitChe:

- A little software for searching torrents over a lot of websites at the same time. With this software you no longer need to open your browser to search for torrents. Just type what you want to look for and compare the results between the multiple possibilities.

MyPhone Explorer:

*This is only for Android or Sony Erricson phone users*

With this little software you can connect your phone to your pc and be able to do a lot of things, like explore your phone inside out through your pc, edit your settings/contacts/profiles etc.
Most importantly and the reason I liked and I'm sharing this with you: you can back up all your contacts/sms and save them on your pc. So if you have some sms that you never want to lose, well.. then you won't have to.

Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 13:05

])evil wrote:
I never found myself to be so busy that I would forget what I have to do and needed a calendar or agenda to remind me.
I know what you mean. Like you said, you might not find a use for it now but maybe later (same for me, I ain't using it right now). But it can come handy for other things, like reminding you about someone's birthday or something.

])evil wrote:
BitChe:
Hm, could be interesting but in my opinion, there are advantages to go look yourself for torrents on websites because you got the comments of ppl who downloaded it and other informations. Now, I'd need to actually try it ^^
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 15:41

Well, the cool thing about it is that when you select a torrent you can choose to open the webpage it's on to view comments. I do that sometimes as well with suspicious torrents, but with most torrents I skip that process since they come from trusted torrent sites.
Back to top Go down
raven
Administrator
Administrator
raven

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012 - 22:15

Niiiiice megusta

are you using it dev? >:
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012 - 12:23

I've been using it for quite a long time
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 1:07

Damn handy.
Back to top Go down
raven
Administrator
Administrator
raven

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun 2012 - 23:19

If you look for a place to grab a drink

If you look for a place to eat

This isn't exactly software to use on Windows, but I think it might come in handy Toolbox for windows 47974
Back to top Go down
Martz
Administrator
Administrator
Martz

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012 - 12:44

xD
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012 - 11:26

I like that they use "fuck" a lot and it doesn't stop being funny nerdish
Back to top Go down
])evil
Administrator
Administrator
])evil

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 11:01

For msn's forced update

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toolbox for windows   Toolbox for windows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toolbox for windows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici :: General Discussion :: Off Topic-
Jump to: